- Once an interview has been arranged always make sure you know exactly where you are going and how to get there. Being late is not the best way to start. However if you do encounter a problem, which does happen make sure you have your interviewer's contact details so you can call in advance and warn them.
- Always be dressed to impress, no matter what the position is.
- Greet and meet. Be confident when you arrive, smile, shake your interviewers hand firmly, wait to be asked to take a seat and ensure you look at him/her throughout the interview and give them your full attention.
- Prepare for your interview. If you can visit the location before hand and get a feel for the business. Search the business on the internet and find out about them, what they do, their main business, who the owners are etc.
- Plan you interview. Be ready to discuss your experiences to date and key achievements. Be ready to answer key questions and think of some yourself. Make sure you take a spare copy of your CV as well as any interesting material which indicate your achievements.
- Leaving. Again shake your interviewer's hand, keep smiling and thank them.
If your looking for your next Chef or hospitality job log on to us at www.chefandmanager.com
Good luck, I hope these simple guidelines help.